LVEJO Social Media Coordinator (Part Time Contractual Position)
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for working with LVEJO Directors, Organizers and Youth Leaders to plan and execute successful grassroots communication campaigns for environmental justice. She/he/they will ensure that LVEJO’s EJ 2020 campaigns are well documented and communicated. The Social Media Consultants will lead training workshops, develop training material (as needed), and work closely with staff, youth, and volunteers to advance environmental justice leadership development communication for the organization.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and the four-person Leadership Team that includes: 1) the Executive Director; 2) the Policy Director; 3) the Finance Director; and 4) Organizing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with LVEJO’s Directors to plan and coordinate social media and web content to advance LVEJO’s organizing and advocacy goals.
- Contribute and initiate new written and digital content for outreach and engagement of supporters and work with Director’s to enhance our media strategy.
- Help educate, engage and motivate LVEJO’s leaders, volunteers and supporters.
- Communicate with and build relationships with volunteers and supporters to strengthen LVEJO’s capacity for outreach and advocacy.
- Engage partners and allies around key media moments
- Direct outreach to reporters writing the stories in real time when climate events are occurring
- Direct outreach to community stakeholders
- Work with LVEJOs team on website content production
- Assist in the production and distribution of shareable event-specific materials (e.g. media backgrounders, talking points, infographics, social media shareables), to aid and promote the work
- 2-3 year experience in communications or nonprofit work
- Media relations and community outreach experience
- Excellent writing skills: able to produce concise, nuanced briefs and sharp, compelling copy
- Must be able to speak/ and or write in English and in Spanish
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be able to work well with others
- Be able to work with multiple commitments and deadlines
- Must have commitment to environmental and social justice and have an acute racial and equity lens, and
- Demonstrate critical analysis and be able to connect to Intersectionality and holistic community development
- Compensation/Salary: Depending on experience.
- This position is a part-time contractual position
Application Deadline: 08/22/2017
To Apply: Send the following information to LVEJO (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- One-page cover letter
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references
The LVEJO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA, Transgender, and/or Low-income people, as well as people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Click here to join LVEJO’s mailing list and receive updates on future posts concerning employment opportunities.
Send Us Your Resume
Send us your resume to email@example.com. We will review your information and keep it on file and contact you in the future when we have opportunities which may be a good fit.