Historic Victory won with Retirement of Chicago’s Two Coal Plants
Closure on a decade-long grassroots campaign against two of the oldest and dirtiest coal-fired power plants in the nation…read more
- Climate Justice - A vision to dissolve and alleviate the unequal burdens created by climate change.
- Clean Power – We sought to have the two largest polluters (Crawford and Fisk Power Plants) in our backyard removed.
- Public Transit – Works to improve fair access for all Chicagoland riders, but focuses special attention on helping transit dependent, low-income riders in Chicago’s poorer communities. A city that works, is a city that serves the needs of ALL it’s riders.
- Urban Land- Pooling our common knowledge and interests, and working with Mother Earth to produce healthy and safe local food sources.
- Open Spaces - Little Village, (95,000 residents), has been fighting for a park for over 10 years. In June ’07 the City of Chicago and Chicago Park District announced they would build a park on the Celotex Superfund toxic waste site. We want a SAFE park!
- YAOTL -Youth – Work on issues that support a fair environment for the community members. Some of the tools we use to combat these injustices are embracing our artistic abilities , making documentaries, videos, newsletters, and most important building ourselves into strong leaders through our community for our community.
We continue to offer group and individualized tours:
Toxic Tours – Take a Toxic Tour of the former Celotex Superfund.
See the danger in your own backyard – for real!
From Little Village to Bolivia to South Africa to Pakistan, the people who are least responsible for creating the problem of climate change are the ones who are most affected by it. Every day, real solutions are coming from these communities who are struggling for a more just and sustainable world. We are part of this grassroots, global movement for climate justice. We reject false solutions that seek to profit from the climate crisis and the privatization of life, land, air, water and other basic resources.